Sunday, October 21, 2012

Cost vs Cool

Photobucket

There comes a point in every new build or renovation where you find something either very cool or something that will make your life unbelievably easier.

On the weekend we found our Cost vs Cool moment and it I have to say this particular service is book very cool and very tempting because it would make life so much easier.

As far as landscaping goes, there is so much to think about and the pressure to "get it right" is huge, well for me it is anyways.

On Sunday we attended one of those home expo's and found a company that take the guess work out of landscape design.

Photobucket


They sit down and work with you on putting together detailed plans for your back and front yards. How many plants, how big they will get, how high will they grow? 


To me this sounds like heaven, you have a fool proof floor plan to work off and it takes all the thinking out .... running retic and pipework for lighting .... easy.

Photobucket

Now the downfall .... these plans cost between $2,500 to $4,000. For me I really just don't know if its worth it, we did well with out last house without the plans .... god I want it I just wish it was a better price.

Hence the title, it's certainly a very cool concept but is it really worth it?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Sarge said...

Miss Vintage, you did such an amazing job planning and decorating your stunning home. Look at what you achieved! I have no doubt that you and hubby would be more than able to come up with an awesome garden plan for yourselves and use that $2500 on plants, retic and lighting.

KL said...

Mwaaaah..that's alot of moolah! It comes down to is it worth paying for less stress and more confidence OR...doing it your way, successfully as in the past.
x KL

Miss Vintage said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys - it is alot of money that could be spent on better things. Especially as I already have most of it in my head! Poor hubby is just going to have to trust me!