Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Maps Anyone

Well for a while I have been thinking about having something interesting behind my bed. I was originally thinking wall paper but to be honest, I wanted something really really different. A while ago a saw a picture in a Ralph Lauren ad showing this amazing bed and behind it were these antique maps - very simply framed covering the whole wall as sort of a bed head. It looked great and ever since I have been searching for 9 matching maps that will not cost the earth, not the easiest job in the world.

Finally I have found a bunch on ebay by a company called Antique Print Club (here). They have all sorts of interesting prints, some amazing botanical drawings that would look lovely in a kitchen in a big set of 9 or so but they also have my maps. So maps are on the way and I am really looking forward to putting them up on my wall, this is a very small selection I have purchased, arn't they the most lovely colour?




Now I really have to stop buying.... retaining wall here I come!

No comments: