Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hockey Has Come To Perth

Photobucket 

Ice hockey ... yes ice hockey has come to Perth.

My husband has actually been playing hockey since I met him ... and probably before but ehhh. Ok so ice hockey in Perth was a small very little known sport. There were no spectators and to be honest most people didn't even realise we had ice hockey leagues.

So for various reasons hubby has not played for the last three years but this year he started again .... and getting back into the whole social aspect of it I was surprised with how much it has changed. On Saturday we actually watched a state game - WA vs Canberra and it was a really good close game with a penalty shoot out and fans cheering. For me this is mind blowing, ice hockey has come to Perth!!!

Now don't get me wrong, its no NHL with cheer leaders and entertainers but hey, this is great!!!


Photobucket 

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: