Sunday, May 6, 2012

Beautiful Moments

Sometimes in life you need beautiful moments more than others. As you know I have just moved back to Perth and started within a new department at work. To put it very politely its not a bed of roses. Getting off the train this morning I felt sick to my stomach at the prospect of going to work. I wanted to just get back on that train and go home, crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. What it does make me realise is how lucky I have been to work for 5 years in a job that I have not just enjoyed but looked forward to coming to work.

Obviously its only week 2 of my new position and I have promised myself that I wouldn't pass judgement until I had survived 2 weeks so no more judgement for another 4 days and then I can safely tell you my new boss is an idiot!

I suppose to be honest with all the stress at the moment over my new position I needed a beautiful moment and my builder did not disappoint. Its kind of brilliant that when I need it most one of my most agonised decisions comes into "being".

Thank you to whoever decided to get the glass delivered on Friday. Have a look a my beautiful balustrade. It is clean and slick and overall makes me happy just running my hands along the glossy stainless handle.

A beautiful moment to wash away the bad taste work seems to be leaving in my mouth .... the only answer for a bad taste in your mouth ???? Lots and lots of scotch!


Photobucket 

Photobucket 

Photobucket 

Photobucket

2 comments:

B is building a house said...

The balustrade looks very sexy! :)

Hang in there. I'm sure you will grow to love your new workplace <3

B

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...

Sorry to hear the new job is not off to a great start. On a positive note the glass looks fabulous! Glad it was the pick me up you needed. Ange