Sunday, August 1, 2010

Im Back...


Yes yes - back home and it has been a very busy couple of weeks and more than a few new realisations.
  • I realised I have more bruises from snowboarding in 1 x 45 minute session than I have ever gotten "slightly intoxicated"

  • I have then decided that I am a skier at heart and that there is way more technique involved than snow boarding.
  • I have realised that I am a lot braver than I first thought with black runs not being half as scary as last time.

  • I have spent over $400 visiting the doctor in the snow because of a chest infection.

  • I have spent 4 days in bed and loved every minute of it.

  • I also realised sitting in bed I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

  • I realised I no longer own jeans that fit and need to start exercising

  • After 3 intensive weeks with my husband I realised that nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize your wrong. (Many of those moments on both sides)

  • I have toured Sydney Rocks at night on a ghost tour and was not even slightly scared or sensitive to ghostly energies.

  • I have been one of those horrible people who stops suddenly in the middle of the street to take a picture of one of the thousands of lovely old buildings peppering Melbourne streets

  • I have discovered if I had a choice 7.30am would be my normal wake up time and not a minute before.

  • Walking down the street one rainy morning I have realised that its not possible to get any wetter so I should just enjoy jumping in all the puddles.

  • I have also realised its not cool having wet socks for the entire 4 hour flight home.

  • I have moved house again for the 4th time in 3 months

  • I have unpacked 10 suitcases and 2 large packing boxes of clothes and shoes and have almost managed to fit everything into 2 small rooms

  • I have realised I own way to many clothes and shoes but am unprepared to get rid of them

  • I have realised the DVD I was dying to watch is packed at the bottom of one of the sealed boxes so I am going to have to wait 18 months to watch it.

  • I have realised 1 sink in a bathroom is just not enough for both of us.

  • I have realised I hate moving and that is one thing I am not looking forward to doing again.

So a great holiday all round - I am back feeling rested and happy and ready to get started on the house. I have picked up my tiles so will have all the samples to show you over the next couple of days but today - I am going to try and get back into work mode.


Saying that - I have hit the moment when I know I'm not going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. 3 hours out of 8 isn't that bad!

No comments: