Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cant Get You Out Of My Head

My god - before I go onto today's post do any of you remember how many weeks that song was stuck running around and around in your head and you would finally move onto humming something else and someone would start it off again. I swear this song should be a form of torture ... and yes, I do realise I have just "tortured" you with it.

The only thing worse than this song at the moment is tht Aime ad. "lucky..yyyy your with Aime!" My husband sung that constantly last time he was home so hopefully I have managed to plant one of those two pieces of torture into your subconscious.

Anyways, back to the title, I still cant seem to get my lovely Tasmanian dream out of my head. I love that house and I keep thinking .... there are so many things I could do with it... seriously so many things. So this is what I have come up with so far ... and before you start shaking your head, at the moment this is the only thing stopping me wailing about how bloody long it takes to put a roof on ....

Original Picture first and then what I would do... Exterior is easy ... its already a pretty house - it just needs a paint job and someone to actually look at the gardens



Now the staircase - its really just a matter of repainting and re carpeting in something slightly lighter and less ... pink.



Next is that lovely great room. So so simple, some paint, some nice drapes and some furniture that actually fits with the room and I know its going to get alot of "oh no's" but I would get rid of the light fittings quick smart!




Now for the kitchen - This is a huge job - rip everything out, knock down walls and then make it clean and white and oh so pretty.



The bedrooms I would again keep simple but really really lux ... lovely grey tones, thick luxurious carpets and really lovely solid beds.




Oh yes, and there isn't any pictures of the outside gardens but I have to say, I would get rid of the vegetable patch and make it something pretty amazing... lots of little sitting areas, lots of green and hopefully a pool although I do realise a pool in Tasmania is almost comical I would have to have this one ....




2 comments:

KL said...

Stunning. Imagine the added value after your reno!? I'm dreaming of a little 'get away' place. Pity it's not an hour away from me and free.LOL!
KL

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...

Very nice. You certainly have vision. I've always dreamed of a little cottage in Tasmania to escape to. Ange