Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its All Becoming Clear Now

For a while I have been trying to communicate my ideas and design thoughts but its really hard because I'm not 100% sure exactly what I want - How do I mix new with old, how do I make something old fit in with our young modern life? Well before Christmas things got a little bit more interesting with me buying a lovely old Queen Ann desk for my bedroom. Totally lovely, delicate and pretty and in so many ways perfect for me (Although husband tried to stand on it the other day to get to a top shelf in the garage - Honey look at those legs.... do you really think they will hold all your weight?)


I adored it but was unsure how to coordinate this with the rest of my bedroom furniture (I have not yet bought yet) and then I saw this picture and it all came together beautifully. This is what I'm trying to achieve.


This is the quilt I have brought and obviously I'm adding the lovely maps behind the bed, I am having a dark grey shag pile carpet and 2 lovely armchairs (still trying to figure those out) so hopefully you can start seeing where I'm going with the space? Beautiful blues, greys and soft whites, it should be a calm luxurious space... hopefully. The question is, will it all blend together cohesively of will it look like I'm trying to hard?

No comments: