Monday, September 16, 2013

Vegetable Garden Update

 photo 128_zps2e98fbfc.jpg

Well I have been spending just a little bit of time every weekend looking after my new vegetable garden. I have propagated everything bar the blueberries from seeds and although there does not look like a lot of progress I am pretty excited about things to come from this area of the house.



The blueberry bushes are chock full of baby berries, I have three types of tomato, two types of capsicums, carrots, baby peas, beans and zucchini, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spaghetti squash, 2 types of lettuce and asparagus.


 photo 127_zpse78e7931.jpg

I have also started cultivating some herbs too just to keep things in the kitchen interesting, Spearmint, Coriander  Chives, Basil, Rosemary and Thyme and I'm so excited to get things started.

I am also trying to go organic means a peaceful drowning in beer for my little snails and a lovely mix of soil to keep everyone happy.

Its only the beginning of the wonderful new adventure but I have to say .... its a pretty exciting one. Every day I see something sprouting and cant wait till the whole place is helping to save us money on buying our produce.

 photo 126_zpsef3a6b4b.jpg

No comments: