Sunday, September 8, 2013

Apparently It Runs In Threes .....

 photo Picture1_zpse4b7be1e.jpg

Obviously I have been MIA for quite a while now and people have been asking "Where Are You"

In response I have been so very busy and stressed and emotional I decided to take a bit of a break and just work on getting my head back in the right space.

You see it has been a fairly traumatic August. Starting right after my holiday post with Tilly the Terror eating my dining chairs. Oh yes, the chairs I obsessed over for months finally went under my dining table and almost the next day she systematically ate every single bit of trim off all 8 chairs. A few weeks later she discovered she can jump directly onto the dining table and proceeded to spread a kilo bag of icing sugar liberally around the house just in case we wanted any when we arrived home.

If that wasn't bad enough a week later I lost my wedding and engagement rings. Police Reports, Ads in Newspapers and plastering it over Facebook and I have since come to the sad realisation that they are gone for good. Its surprising how much emotion and love those rings actually contain and I will admit to mourning the loss for a good week or so before eventually contacting the insurance company and trying to deal with the whole valuation / replacement process.

Finally two weeks ago my darling if slightly stupid husband hurt his back during an ice hockey game, instead of being a reasonable human being he kept playing and eventually got hit again causing all sorts of stress and drama. The loss of feeling in one leg for a week, not able to stand for more than 5 minutes and he is still not able to sit. Hours in Dr's surgeries, MRI's, Stacks of drugs, more ice cream in one month than I have ever eaten in my life and a whole series of episodes where I break down into tears in the kitchen because I just can't cope and I'm starting to see just a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Amongst this there have been some great moments, a holiday booked from bed, a vegetable garden started, synthetic turf has been laid and an amazing new candy buffet. Overall I have so much to tell you and I have to say, its so nice to be back.

Stay tuned for an update.

XOX - Miss V

1 comment:

Alex.2424 said...

It sounds like you`ve had a rough time lately miss v, hopefully tilly grows out of her bad behaviour soon. And I hope your husband is feeling better, its good to have you back blogging : )